Monday, October 16, 2006

New! Toy! (Ooooh!)*


Please know that I tried. I tried to take pictures of my uber-cool new toy, er, I mean the pink ipod phone I got today. Blur, blur, blur. I tried Leslie's suggestion of taking the picture while holding the camera stationary. Still blurry. I will try Abby's (and Leslie's) suggestion of taking the pics outside. I have no idea how to change the shutter speed. Maybe from now on I should take all my pictures with my new cell phone!

So instead I copied this picture of it so you could see it. Isn't it cute? I got a matching bluetooth to go with it! Now I get to look like one of those crazy people walking around talking to themselves!

Really, I was not trying to be extravagant. My phone broke last week and it was unrevivable. I figured that it is a practical purchase because I have no tunes at work and was going to go out and buy an mp-3 player or ipod anyway. So, you see, I was being practical. And the pink phone was the same price as the black.

My big fear is that I'll break out in song while sitting at my cubie, lost in the music, forgetting where I am. You see, I am a sing-alonger. Not well, mind you, but I just can't help myself. I have never been a big one for earphones. I already have "a voice that carries" (according to my mom and family) and when there is something being piped into my ears, my voice tends to get even louder. So I am a little worried about 1)forgetting where I am and breaking out in song and 2)inadvertantly yelling at someone when they talk to me while I'm wearing my headphones. I'll keep you posted on this new dimension of embarrassing work scenarios.


*Who remembers that song from the '80s?

4 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, very nice phone. My husband put his cell phone in the washer last week, and since it is surgically connected to his hand, he had a new one within the half hour. Sorry the advice on the pics didn't help. Here's one more. I don't know what kind of camera you have, but my Olympus has a setting for closeups, so see if you have that. Where is that camera manual anyway?

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember~ Til Tuesday, Voices Carry
I am an 80's music junkie.
So you are one of 'those' people. Tracy is one too & she does have some rather odd caught singing moments. She tries to drag my kids into it when they are in her car.
Outdoor pictures not in direct sunlight will get you some very nice shots. Most likely, you will not have to change any settings on you camera. Auto should do just fine (if it has an auto).

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I too am a sing-alonger. And I finally reached a point where I just don't care who hears! The funniest ones are when I get caught singing along with the hold music on the phone... Yeah, that's been good for quite a few laughs. :) So, from one singalonger to another...Sing! Sing out loud! (I am pretty sure that's a song... lol)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Becka said...

Loving the phone. LOL, I sing along, too...and I have an atrocious singing voice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home