Sunday, September 24, 2006

Here's What My Daughter Got ...







What kind of yarn are you?




You are Cashmere.You are sophisticated and luxe. You can often be found in high-end boutiques and hobnobbing with the upper crust. You are one of the beautiful people and you don't let anyone forget it!
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code


"You are Cashmere.You are sophisticated and luxe. You can often be found in high-end boutiques and hobnobbing with the upper crust. You are one of the beautiful people and you don't let anyone forget it!"

You Guys. She's seven. I know. It's distressing. But that really does describe her. She's been like that since the moment she was born. The sad part is that she has a mom who is a cross between dishcloth cotton and mohair. Luckily, she gravitates to her kind like a little moth attracted to light. When she was two she went into my girlfriend's room and came clunking out in these black high heels, eyes wide, exclaiming, "Mommy, you should SEE all of Auntie S' pretty underpants!" Until then, she probably didn't even know that they came in anything other than plain cotton, poor deprived child! She has had her finger and toe nails almost perpetually painted since she was three, and not by me, mind you, I bite my nails! She always seems to find a teenage girl or a mom with boys who wants to play pampering with her. She just loves it. Oh yea, and she has more shoes than anyone I know her age, including lavendar UGGs and flip-flops numbering in the double digits. Just so you know -- I hardly ever (have to) buy her clothes. Everyone just seems to know and she gets given things all the time. That moth attracted to light thing at work again, I guess. I imagine that there are grown-up "cashmere" types sympathetically clucking their tongues in pity at my poor daughter having such a clueless dishcloth cotton mom, so they buy her things. She'll probably do the same for some other deprived cashmere child once she has grown up. And so the cashmere baton gets nurtured, passed and carried on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home