Sunday, September 10, 2006

Stash Enhancement: A Cure For All That Ails

I did a little stash enhancing this afternoon! Julie had a little preview for the people who have helped her get the shop together! It was breathtaking. You have GOT to stop by when you are in the area and check out this store! 5 East Figueroa Street in downtown Santa Barbara. The official opening is Tuesday, September 12, at 11:00 am. Gorgeous. Fabulous. Exquisite. I could go on and on.

On the left is some sock yarn, Trekking XXL I have been wanting to try. In the middle we have a skein of Blue Sky Alpaca and Silk. The color has more of a green to it than you see in the pic. I have it earmarked for a little surprise for someone who reads this blog, so I will not divulge that secret yet. And on the right is a skein of Bamboo yarn I am trying out. I was thinking I'd like to make the Bubbly curtain from Mason-Dixon. Im going to have to tweak it a little, first to fit the dimensions of my cubie-window at work, and second to see if the pattern works with the yarn. I am hoping so, because I really like the color.

Before I can start on any of those I have to finish the scarf for the shop. Tonight, hopefully so it can be up for the Grand Opening. I'm itching to take that Bamboo out for a spin! Must. Be. Disciplined. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll admit you've got me drooling! Yarn envy is a terrible thing, but I've got it. Now I know what I'm doing tomorrow on my lunch hour.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Openopenopen
I am so going tomorrow at 11am! And I have that same colorway of Trekking, LOVE IT! That is my all time favorite sock yarn although Socks That Rock is pretty darn close.
I hope to see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home