Saturday, September 02, 2006

Landscape Progress

This is a shawl that I've been working on for a few weeks now. It is the Landscape Shawl by Evelyn Clark. I like it because it is mindless, comfort knitting. It is made from a sportweight alpaca that I got from Village Spinning and Weaving in Solvang. Great stuff at a very reasonable price, something like $22.00 for 600 yards. This is my second shawl from the yarn. The first was a rectangular shawl in a color they call "Nutmeg," a grayish-brown. So my sister came out again to help with the cleaning. Since I have been working diligently the past few days, we really are making a dent in it. I actually took some pictures of my progress. It has really been a great motivator, imagining all the billions and billions of people who might possibly drop in and take a peek at the breadth and depth of my ability to accumulate crap. But I haven't quite had the guts to post it. Like Chauntel says, what if my mom happened to drop in on the blog?
Anyway, I am so thankful for the help of my sister. Since I am clueless when it comes to record keeping and how long to hold on to things, I just hold on to everything indefinitely. It was nice to have her there telling me what to save and what to toss. It feels so good to get rid of stuff, but you should see the bags of stuff that are piling up out at the trash bins! I feel like I've lost a gazillion pounds. I haven't had much time for knitting these days, but I think I will go now and work on that Mermaid Sock. I'll include a picture of it soon when there is a little more progress. I have had to frog it no less than three times since I first posted about it! First, I got about three inches on it, then made some sort of mistake that I just couldn't seem to correct. Then I frogged it, got to about the same place before I realized that I had read the pattern wrong and that there needed to be a bigger cuff at the top. So now I am just about at the three inch point again! It's a good thing I'm not sitting here thinking about how I'd have around 9 inches of sock by now if I didn't mess it up three times. Because that would make me really frustrated. Good thing. Yea. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger Craftybernie said...

Beautiful Shawl! Congrats on getting to grips with the links, Laura. X

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, The shawl is beautiful. I'm so glad you're blogging now. I dropped in to see Julie on Friday, and the shop is going to be awesome. Much work still to do, though. Hope to run into you there.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking nice & busy on your sidebars! I love their alpaca, it's almost a sin of a yarn! I'm just so happy you have a blog!

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, that's a very pretty shawl. Your blog is looking great. That yarn you are using for the shawl might inspire me to take a trip to Solvag to check out that store. I went to the knit group yesterday and had a nice time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home