Sunday, August 27, 2006

Here is a picture of a sock I started today. It is the Mermaid sock from Cool Socks, Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby. The yarn is some Koigu that I have had forever. The camera does not capture the colors well at all, but let's just say it is one of those purchases that I keep wondering what was I thinking the day I bought it. The colors are sort of murky pink and barf-like. Not very characteristic of Koigu. I was hoping that making them up into a pair of socks would make me like the colors better. We'll see how far I actually get.

I'm actually a very fickle knitter. Right now I have a 3/4 done shawl, two sweaters, a couple of socks, a scarf and an afghan that I am rotating around. I'll probably finish the shawl and the scarf first, then rotate in another project or two and keep the other things hanging in the wings indefinitely. Once in a while, I will go through and finish most of the unfinished items. But some of them just have to die a slow death in unfinished objects limboland.

Well, the kids start school tomorrow, so I better get some butts in bed. I get a one week reprieve before starting my new job. During that week, I plan to scour out my house. We'll see how far I get.

Then it is off to work -- full time on September 5. I'm praying that it won't be as bad as I think it's going to be. I'm thinking lots of Taco Bell and a REALLY messy house. I'm wondering if working full time won't afford me a housekeeper to clean-up. Wouldn't that be nice? Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

That color is not barf like. Sheesh. The edging is really pretty.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Carrie, I'm telling you, my camera did not convey the true colors. There are vibrant shades of coral, magenta, dark green and lavender (I know -- wierd combination!) with stripes of baby-poop/barf in-between. Seriously. And I kind of like it. Kind of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home