Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Sock in the Grass


So after taking 50 gazillion photos of my sock-in-progress, I finally got a decent shot. And I mean that in a relative way. Why is the grass clearer than the sock? I am not kidding, I must have taken 50 pictures of the thing and this is the best one! Pathetic, really. It appears that about 50% of my photo-taking lameness could be blamed on a dirty lens. That is what I get for borrowing a camera from an 11 year-old. The other factor is lighting. It looks a lot better from outside.

This is a run-of-the-mill toe-up sock. I used the figure 8 cast-on and I tried out a stockinette stitch short-wrap heel (I usually do garter). Now I just need to decide on the stitch for the cuff. I hope I won't be so boring as to assign it a 2x2 ribbing! Oh yeah, and the yarn is Artyarns Ultramerino4 in "Peach." Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home