Saturday, September 16, 2006

Second Sock Gets Shoved Aside

Posted by Picasa For now. I have been meaning to make a cat blanket/bed for Figgy for a long time. This is made from Paton's Rumor, which is 84% Acrylic, 15% Alpaca and 1% Polyester. You can't see it from the picture, but it has a little alpaca halo to it. I purposely folded it over so you could see the double-knittedness of it. I have revised
this pattern for my purposes. It is 16" across and I plan to make it roughly square. I think I'll need three balls. I am using size 8 needles, which translates to size 10 for most of you knitters out there. Yes, I admit it, I am a very loose knitter. I purposely chose a "camo" like color since Figgy and her brother Tommy are so dirty. I think it is because of their feral-ness (ferality?) but contrary to what I have heard about cats, these guys are pretty dirty. Not that Figgy doesn't try. She is always washing herself. But they like to lay in the dirt and are usually covered in foxtails and burrs, which I pick out of their fur, day in and day out. I plan to put the finished blanket on my porch swing, which they like to lounge on. Who knows, if they use it, maybe I'll make another. And after I'm done, I promise I'll finish that second sock. No, really. I mean it.

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure Fig will be happy to have that to cuddle up in now that it's getting chilly at night. If heshe lets you pet him and take burrs out of his/her fur (I'm not sure which), perhaps you can help their coat by brushing it, if allowed. Our cats love brushing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home