Thursday, September 14, 2006

One Down, One To Go

 I finished my sock, now I just need to muster up the oomph to start sock number two. I ended up doing a "waffle rib" for the cuff, which is k2,p2 for three rows and purl the fourth. I did a russian cast-off, which is nice and stretchy.

I'm very tired. It's been many years since I worked a full-time job. It's all starting to come back to me. The "new job" stress-adjustment-thing, where you come home hardly able to speak you are so tired from all the newness. New people to meet, new names to remember, new routines, new things to learn, new office politics to navigate around. You know. Even things like finding out where to eat your lunch and who you should be talking to and who you should be avoiding take up energy. So it begins on Monday and by Friday, you are ready for Saturday. You barely get a chance to catch up and then it is Monday again. Oh yea, that. The Rat Race. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it Laura! Second sock syndrome is the worst, isn't it?? I am having to reknit the second sock of the pair I am working on, lame!

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! Great sock. So is the library knit group going to be meeting at the new yarn shop at 6:30 on Tues?

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yes, it's Tuesdays at 6:30. See you there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home