Monday, September 11, 2006

swatch away

Here is my swatch for the Bubbly curtain for my little cubical at work. That's right, my new job entails sitting on my already sizable behind for up to 8 hours a day in a 4 x 6 cubical, henceforth referred to as "The Cubie." I thought it would be nice to hang a nice little knitted curtain on my window that looks out into a really depressing view of the back of a baseball field. You see a wall and the name of the team in cut-out letters, only backward. There is a breezeway of sorts that separates the back of the field from our trailer. Yes, that's right, "The Cubie" is located in a trailer. Anyway, there is litter in the breezeway and an electric golf cart. I initially thought a Bubbly curtain would be just the thing, but after measuring the space I am not so sure. Turns out my little window is 45" x 35". Kind of a stretch when you are knitting. Then there is the problem of figuring out how much yarn I am going to need. With my initial calculations, I figured 7 balls at 250 yds. per ball. I suppose that's about a sweater. But it's an awfully expensive curtain at $15. per ball! My cubie has another wall, a faux-cubie wall that has a little window on it that is more like 25 x 20. Maybe that is going to be the on that gets the handmade curtain.

I know, I haven't talked much about my new job and with the little tidbits I've given you, you can see why, can't you? I am relying on lots of prayer and a true sense of assignment to walk through this new phase of my life. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors of that yarn are beautiful and look just like a colorway in the new SoyWoolSilk yarn from Lion Brand. THey have some at Michaels and for $5 a ball instead of $15 it wouldn't be so darn expensive. Or you could go even less expensive and buy a 1lb cone of peaches&creme cotton in the nicest yellow ombre.
http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/On%20Line%20Store.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home