Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fun At The LYS


Here is a picture of me and my buddy Kamila at the "preview" of Knit and Pearl last Sunday. Kamila is from the Czech Republic and besides being an incredible knitter (you should see the sweater she made for a friend out of black Baby Cashmerino), is intelligent, witty, and very fun to be around.

Last night was knit night and Julie graciously allowed us to use the cute, comfy cozy "living room" in the back of the store. The library knit group has officially been moved to Knit and Pearl. Poor Julie looked a little glazed over from all the excitement of the day, which means she had a good day!

I bought a pair of 5" Brittany dpns, which I loved, then promptly snapped one of them (don't bother asking me what I was doing, because I have decided that I will not admit to trying to squeeze the semi-finished sock over my foot and ankle to see if it would fit.) I am sincerely hoping that Brittany will replace it. I wrote them an email last night. It's kind of weird, like asking them to replace a rather long toothpick. Like the kind you use to hold a sandwich together. And I am trying to forget that I paid $8.00 for 5 longish toothpicks, one of which broke within the first two hours of owning them! So don't remind me. But anyway, I do really like them because the wood feels so nice and smooth and because face it, short needles are the way to go on socks. Which means I have to replace all my "skewers" for "toothpicks." Guess it's just the price we pay in pursuit of perfection.

3 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo, Laura! I'll be showing my stash enhancement from Knit and Pearl a little later in the week. Awesome store, huh?

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like my 5" Addi's. They will never, ever break when being pulled over heels & ankles! I also have some 5" bryspun that I love. You can get both up at Village Spinning & Weaving in Solvang.
I had so much fun in Knit & Pearl on opening day. We will defenitely make it a regular spot.
WHat time is the library group meeting there & what day of the week? I know there are a few people that would like to have an alternate group when they can't make it on Thursdays. You can pass the word about the Santa Barbara Knitters yahoo group too then we'll have a larger conglomerate of knitters in SB.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Laura said...

The group meets on Tuesdays at 6:30. For right now, we won't be advertising it because Julie is so overwhelmed, plus the space is so limited. I think once she gets things going and situated, we can open it up and publicize it on the Yahoo group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home