Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Does Being A Lifer Mean I Get To Be Jennifer Aniston?

I'm a Lifer!

To you, a job is what pays the bills. You put in your hours, follow the rules, and then go home. Occasionally, you consider quitting, but then you think of how bad the job market is and you reconsider. Whatever happiness you get, you get from your life outside the workplace. Relationships, family, hobbies, and outside creative pursuits are what really matter to you. You're probably taking this test at work because you don't have anything better to do.

Talent: 41%
Lifer: 49%
Mandarin: 44%

Take the Talent, Lifer, or Mandarin quiz.



Actually, my reality these days is very much more like the guy in the cubicle. Except that I don't have a copy machine in my cubie. Nooooooo. I have to walk ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE OTHER END OF THE TRAILER TO GET TO THE COPY MACHINE!! Yea, and my cubie? It's situated along a hallway. So everybody walks by, looks in, says hi, stops and talks, you name it. And it never fails EVERY TIME I (ahem)-- break wind -- someone steps into my 4' x 6'-including-the-desk-cubie to tell me/give me something and I pray to God that it wasn't a silent but deadly. Is it just me? Am I the only one who has to deal with this? Kind of makes me long for the days of old when I was at home alone with the kidlets and we'd just let 'em rip. Guess I've been away from the work world for too long. Or maybe I'm just more flatulent in my old age.

4 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is totally how I feel on my one day out a week at bible study! I am always sure that is the morning my coffee is NOT going to sit right. How do we excuse ourselves, we know we all do it in public occasionally but we all pretend it doesn't happen! Thanks for letting me 'air' my feelings~

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Becka said...

I am a Talent...who knew?!

You're a risk-taker, and you follow your passions. You're determined to take on the world and succeed on your own terms. Whether in the arts, science, engineering, business, or politics, you fearlessly express your own vision of the world. You're not afraid of a fight, and you're not afraid to bet your future on your own abilities. If you find a job boring or stifling, you're already preparing your resume. You believe in doing what you love, and you're not willing to settle for an ordinary life.


Your scores:


Talent: 67%
Lifer: 41%
Mandarin: 33%

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm a Talent! Thanks for posting such a fun quiz!

Talent: 64%
Lifer: 31%
Mandarin: 44%

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might be age. Someone told me that's where the term "old fart" came from!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home