Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I Totally Know My Pictures Suck


I know. I know! What can I do? I admit it. I am a bad photographer. You should see how many horrible pictures I have taken of my kids. And this is a hard thing to do because they are really very cute. I just don't seem to have the knack. So I apologize for the bad pictures. Because I so badly want you to see accurate portrayals of what I am knitting. Anyway, this is a scarf for my mom. The colors are much nicer. Richer. Deeper. The yarns are Crystal Palace and I have misplaced the ballbands. One is tape, the other, a novelty in the same colors. I'm liking it so far and I hope my mom does too. Her birthday is this Thursday, Columbus Day. The real Columbus Day, not the psuedo-holiday.

Blogging is helping me to realize what a sadly boring and uneventful life I have. These days I spend my time working, then come home, help the kids with homework, forage for food in the kitchen or go out to Taco Bell, fall into bed and sleep until it's time to get up. The most exciting part of the day is at 6:45 am, where I run around crazily trying to get myself and the kids ready and out the door by 7:30. There is lots of yelling, running, clothes flying about and general chaos. We always manage to make it out of the house in the knick of time. Rinse and repeat. Over and over for five days in a row until I am so tired I can hardly stand it. Then I spend a weekend not quite catching up and start all over again. What is there to blog about and when can I find time to do it? Actually, there's lots of time to blog at work but integrity prevents me. Besides, I'm still on probation. I'm joking. Seriously, I am. No, really. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Laura, If you're like me, everytime I snap the photo, I move, so it comes out blurry. I try to steady the camera on something stationary and then take the shot. That helps a lot. Plus, maybe a faster shutter speed and good natural light, no flash.
I truly sympathize on how work can get in the way of fun, but it's a necessary evil, I suppose. I've got to get by Knit and Pearl. I think it's been a couple weeks since I've been in there, but if you've been reading my blog, you know I'm a little panicky about all the yarn I have, but that, too, shall pass!:-)

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, I try to snap my photos outside. I think the natural light really helps a lot with making things look good.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I think that there is not much hope for me, but I will try these tips!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home