Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hey Nineteen (or is it Eighteen?)

It could possibly even be seventeen. Yikes, I was young. Who let me out of the house? That is someone's dorm room back in the early days of college. My hair's all Morticia from the Addam's Family. It was a really big deal when I finally cut it. I distinctly remember asking them to cut it like "Mindy" from "Mork and Mindy." The snobby hairstylist had no idea what I was talking about. The 'do was ubiquitous at the time. Do you remember what it looked like?

My friend Victoria had this and a bunch of other photos from back in the day. She had a really hilarious one of the guy who is now my supervisor at work. It looks just like Sean Penn as Jeff Spicoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," half-mast eyes and all. It was from the same dorm room party as this one. I can't show it to you in the interest of protecting the not-so-innocent.

Oh, by the way. My dad confirmed that my son's digital camera is broken. So that's why the pictures always look so bad! That's the ticket! I need a new camera!

4 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to sound so cliche but other than some grey hair, you haven't changed! I know, you won't believe me, but if I were to see that photo without you pointing it out as you, I would still know. :) Pretty then, pretty now.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Um yeah, Tracy. Some grey hair and FORTY FIVE POUNDS!!!! Actually, the grey's gone (for about three weeks). Yup. Dyed it. For the reunion. Just couldn't stand the thought of going there fat AND grey! But I'll most likely not re-dye it after it grows out. Too messy and time consuming to do myself and too expensive to have done.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, we made it. I agree with you about the reunion, was surreal. Is interesting how memory works, thats for sure. I was so glad I came out and we were able to catch up some and I got to meet your sweet and cute, cute kids. Lanning wanted to know all about you and your kids. She really liked how nice you always were to her, the punk kid sister. I would like to send an email to your mom and dad, they were so nice. Was truly like stepping back in time, the way they fussed over us! I couldn't believe it when I read your "favorites" list, I would have chosen three of four of your movies. My all time faves.! I knew we were best friends for a reason. Anyway, was great to see you and I meant what I said. Come visit me! love - D.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, you have to take the camera to be replaced while the warranty is still valid...dont procrastnate:) Cool picture of you. You are brave to share old pix to the world. I think I would burn mine before I post it.
~the jayster

 

Post a Comment

<< Home