Sunday, October 29, 2006

"Can You Tell Me Where The Party Is?"

OK, imagine this: a 1000 or so bleary eyed post-adolescents looking completely dazed and confused driving up in their Beamers saying over and over ad infinitum: "Can you tell me where the party is?" OK, now imagine that it is butt-a** cold outside with a bone-chilling wind and dark. That is how I spent the past 9 hours tonight and last night.

I woke up this morning and started knitting on Emi's hat like there was no tomorrow. I had expected to have more knitting time out there, but those conditions just weren't very knitting conducive. I got the hat finished, but it ended up being too short through the crown. So I made the two Leia "cinnamon buns," then took apart the top of the hat, added on an inch and reknit the top. It took me 5 hours of non-stop knitting and my hands and arms are sore (Advil sore). I guess I'm not a very fast knitter. Those cinnamon buns took longer than I thought they would. I think it is the small circumference and having to keep switching the needles. She ended up being 1/2 hour late for the party, but I finished. I'll post pics soon.


For some reason, I couldn't get blogger to post my post Saturday night, so here is my Monday morning add-on:

I'm more than a little PO'd this morning because I am cranky and didn't get enough sleep this weekend. The "big laugh" around the office is that I "was a wanker" because the sprinklers turned on me and my partner at 11 pm Saturday night. Hello! We are situated 100 yards from the beach (think chilling night wind). We come the second night PREPARED to face the bone-chillingness of the wind out there only to have the sprinklers turn on and soak all of our blankets and jackets! Yea, I guess that's why they stationed US out there while they drove around in their HEATED trucks all night. The nerve!

2 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

L, I'm finally reading your blog and I dont even knit! But my wife swears by your every word.
..oh, and those bleary-eyed kids...I was once one of them...NOT. I was at the E2 reading Solid Mechanics and Structures.
~the jayster

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hey Jayster! Welcome to Chez Knitalife. Your comments are always welcome! You may not be a knitter, but you have the heart of a blogger!

I didn't mention the handful of(Asian) students who wanted us to let them through so they could go study at the library. We had to turn them away because their permits were not valid on those nights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home