Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Shameless Copy Cat

My big sister(whom I now outweigh by, well, let's just say a lot) used to call me a copy cat when we were kids. Well, I mean, I guess I was. I didn't mean to be, she just wore (drew, bought, picked, liked, you get the idea) really nice things and I just couldn't see how it would be worth having something less good just in the interest of not being a copy cat. So I just sort of bore the title.

And here I am, many years later, and I guess I'm still a copy cat. Blogs are the best for us copy cats. We peruse and lurk and check it out, then we pounce and copy and post. I saw this on Rose Red's blog and just had to try to make one. But, of course, being stuck with having to knit from the stash, I took a dive and found some regular ol' cotton and started trying my best to crank one out. OK, I know, it isn't even half as cute. I L*O*V*E her bag. And the purple one she made for her mom too. But I just settled for my cheapo smaller version and got all excited about the lining. And now I have me a nice lil spring bag to kick around town with.

Here it is showing the lining.
Here's the plain vanilla shot. And remember this all you originals out there: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. (At least that's what I tell my kids.)



By the way, here's a shout out to my buddy Kamila. Hi Kamila! Miss you!

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! thats hilarious...and the bag is great. i think the smaller...white version is perfect for santa barbara!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Rose Red said...

Hey Laura - heeeeeee! Thanks for the shout-out! Your bag looks great - I especially love the floral lining (I have been very lazy and not lined mine, even though I bought some very boring plain fabric to do so - I'll have to get a lovely floral or pattern like you have - so we can "copy" each other (I think "inspire" is better, don't you!). Hope all is going well and you have a happy and safe Easter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home