Saturday, March 03, 2007

Shrunken Llama


The only reason why you are seeing this is because I told you I would post it. It is not one of my prouder moments. I overshrunk it on accident. Most felting projects take at least two full cycles in my machine. This one looked like this after one cycle. It is so shrunken, I can't even get stuffing in the neck. It looks like it is made of poo. So sad.

Back to the ol' drawing board. I am presently shrinking a swatch for the hedgehog. This time I am test-felting. See? You live and learn. And like every other felting project I have done, this one is in its third cycle.

It is all made a little teeny tiny bit better by Netflix. I spent an hour or so one day rating movies that I liked. Based on my picks they suggested a BBC series called "Middlemarch." At first I found it very frustrating and could not figure out why Netflix would have recommended it to me. Turns out I had a two-sided DVD and had watched the B side first! There I was so angry at the filmmakers for "assuming" that I knew the characters and wondered why it seemed like I was coming in on the middle of it all. DUH!

After I started watching it from the beginning I really started enjoying it. It kind of cracks me up though when you watch "period" pieces that you can totally tell by the hair and make up that they were filmed in the 1980s or the 90s. One time I watched a version of "Sense and Sensibility" that must have been filmed in the 70s. The men's pants looked like they were made out of some kind of polyester that would stand up by itself. Jane Austen meets the Leisure suit. And the ladies had huge, stiff ringlets like those old time country western singers and huge fake eyelashes. Hilarious. Once you get over that stuff though it is quite watchable. If you like that sort of thing. Which I do.

4 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the llama. I think it's very cute!

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not say it looks like lumps of poo. More like a like a llama. I think he's rather cute!

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the llama looks cute too! And looks like llama.

Middlemarch was a pretty good book but I haven't tried to watch a movie version yet. ITA about "period pieces" being so much a part of the time they're filmed in. We think they look so historical now, I wonder how something like Marie Antoinette is going to hold up. (Possibly a bad example, lol)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I have to agree with everyone else... I like the Llama! It very much looks like one to me. Definitely not lumps of poo... lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home