Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hat Mania

I don't know why I only just feel like making hats these days. But I do seem to be getting tired of them.



This one was for a co-worker. I gave it to him last week and he was very pleased.




I actually set out to make this one for myself, but I ran out of yarn. The idea was to make a wide band of ribbing, then have it poof out a little, kind of like a beret, then come back in again. This would have been a specially made hat to accommodate my large, rather strangely shaped head. Even though I have a big head, it is sort of pointy at the top. I thought it would be a good idea to try and camoflauge the shape of my head. Anyway, it didn't work since I ran out of yarn but it came out kind of cute for someone with a smaller head than I or my kids. Perhaps a toddler or someone with a pinhead, like my friend B. I only say "pinhead" because I'm terribly jealous of her little, ladylike head. I have to stand three feet behind her when we take a picture so I won't look like a giantess. It's embarrassing, let me tell you.

This is the beginning of a hat for my co-worker's wife. He mentioned that she loved his hat. When I asked what color she might like, he said white. So I'm putting a little pattern in to keep it from being totally blah. Can you see it? It's got a diagonal patterning to it.

I don't know why I am so hat crazy. But I really am using a lot of stash yarn up, so that is a good thing.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

It cracks me up that Kai won't let you take a picture of his face. I can just hear the begging, the cajoling, the threats that had to go into getting him to at least let you photograph the hat on his head.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Yea, and it's fine with me as long as I can see the hat. Kids!

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they look great and the photos are hilarious...do you feel like the paparazzi sometimes?
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home