Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Shhhh!

(Spoken in a loud whisper) I'm writing this post from work. Normally, I wouldn't do such a thing, but because I was unable to keep to my commitment of posting every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, I felt obliged to inform my loyal readers. My computer is out because I had to disconnect the phone lines temporarily over the weekend.

I spent the whole last week cleaning, clearing and then painting the living room and dining room of my house. You would think I was talking about a palace, but no, it is my cramped little bungalow. But there was years and years of neglect that had to be tended to. Now it is all fresh and clean with a nice coating of butter yellow paint on the walls and I love it. Thanks Mom and Dad! It occurs to me that I am of the age when I should be going to their house to help them with things around their house. But no, they came up and helped me muck through all the stuff in mine. My mom painted the ceiling. My dad did one hundred and one odd jobs, including painting my desk, my porch swing and my fence. That, in addition to building storage shelves in my garage. Oh yea, and mom even cleaned out my fridge! You needed a machete for that job! I am so thankful to them and also my sister, aka feng-shui-clear-the-clutter black belt. There are many things that I am capable of doing, but I am really kind of retarded when it comes to stuff-management. Like I am missing the gene or something. I can whip up a mean drawing and capture the essence of a person. But I can't seem to notice the mess piling up around me, or figure out what to do with it.

This past year has been one of the toughest ever for me. And I am so thankful to my family. They have really been there for me. Thanks Dad! Thanks Mom! Thanks Sharon!

Hopefully the home computer and phone will be back and running by tomorrow so that I can do my Thursday post as promised.

By the way, tomorrow is the day I do my drawing for the potscrubbers. Place a comment on my blog and I will enter you in my drawing. (I'm talking to you visitor(s) from Turkey! And anyone else who has stopped by and not yet commented. I know you are out there! I would love to hear from you! I really mean it. Please?

3 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Bee said...

hey there scrubbies are too cute... love the bright colors!!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Okay, okay! I am commenting!! :)) Unfortunately, I comment on blogs about as much as I actually blog. :))

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger jay r. said...

Did I win? Did I WIN?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home