Saturday, January 13, 2007

Keep Those Cards And Letters Coming!


I know, I know, they're COMMENTS, not cards and letters. But they do feel like cards and letters. Thanks to all the people who have commented. It is so nice to know you are out there. And by the way, WHAT A DIFFERENCE A CAMERA MAKES! I took these most recent pics of my scrubbie-madness with my sister's camera. She was up for the day and helped paint the trim on my house. Thanks, Sharon and Rosie! Anyway, she is looking around for a new camera and said I could have this one when she does. Look how much more cheerful and happy the scrubbies look! Who knows, maybe their bright cheerfulness will draw some of the "welcome guests" out to drop a line! The more the merrier!

Since there were SO MANY questions (OK, there were three, but that's a lot for my blog.) Let's have a little Q and A, shall we?

Rose Red wanted to know what stat counter I am using. I posted it in my comments, but for those of you who didn't see, here is the link.

Anonymous wanted to know what materials are used for the pot scrubbers. It is regular worsted weight cotton, like Peaches 'n Creme and nylon netting, the kind that is used for little girl's tutus and wedding veils. It's not tulle, which is a finer mesh. You can get it at the fabric store in every color imaginable for about $1.50 a yard.

So what you do is buy a yard of netting. If you fold or even roll up the netting "horizontally," meaning that you'd have a yard-long roll, then you can cut the roll like sushi (sorry, I'm Japanese. And my mind just automatically gravitates to food) into strips no wider than an inch and a half. Then you unroll the strips and they will be about two yards long. You can tie them together and crochet them into pot scrubbers (see pattern link from previous post). Basically you crochet two disks -- one out of netting and one out of cotton, then crochet them together with the cotton and add a shell edging. Be sure to keep those netting ends inside as you crochet the two disks together, they make a nice little padding. I have been using an H hook to keep the size around the same as the cotton disk, but you can play around with it. Have fun! They are a blast because they are so quick to make up.

Chauntel wanted to know if she could get an entry for every comment she made. Sorry, Chaun. One entry per person. Heck, if the pool stays this small, I'll send one to each and every one of ya.

But keep those comments coming! I love 'em! And see you on your blog! I'll be commenting!

2 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger staycee419 said...

Ahh, instant gratification. I started knitting baby socks this week. I was so excited when the first one was finished. It's so cute I just keep picking it up and looking at it.
I love the bright colors in the scrubbies. I have never croched before but I might have to learn so I can make some scrubbies too.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That pattern is so clever! What a great idea. For some reason I can't seem to find the link to the pattern. Would you mind sharing it again, or just pointing it out to me? :) Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home