Thursday, January 11, 2007

Would You Leave a Comment If I Sent You a Prize?

OK, I can see that a lot of you are visiting but not commenting. Over 50 yesterday and over 50 today. And yet I only got 4 comments. (By the way, thank you to all the brave delurkers who stepped forward). But I see visitors from Istanbul, Vienna, Paris and Croatia (I forgot the name of the city). And closer -- Tennessee, Virginia, Washington D.C., Iowa, Florida. So many places, so many people. Not enough comments. My astute pal Leslie basically told me you gotta give to get. If I comment on other people's blogs, they will leave comments to me. Being a incorrible lurker myself, I know it is a hard habit to break. But I am asking you. Again. This time with the lure of a prize.

If you leave a comment on my blog, I will put your name in a drawing. For every 10 comments I get, I will randomly pick a name and mail you one of my handy-dandy potscrubbers. I will list the winners a week from today. Winners can email me at the new email addy I set up just for this fun experiment: knitalife@yahoo.com Won't it be fun? All you have to do is comment. Will this work? I'm not sure. But let's give it a try. Anyone who commented on the last two posts does not need to enter. I already entered you.

Any takers?

By the way, I am putting UFOOTD on hiatus just for the time being. My parents are in town and we are like sardines in my little bungalow. But I have been busily cranking out pot scrubbers. They are so easy. And they nicely use up my netting and cotton stash, including the leftovers. Remember that old Star Trek rerun, "The Trouble with Tribbles" where the cute little fuzzball pets were multiplying all over the place until they were filling up the holds and coming out of every crevice of the ship? Well, I was imagining a similar scenario in the dramedy of my life called "The Trouble with Scrubbies" at Chez Knitalife where potscrubbers are tumbling out of every cupboard and closet. It could happen.

9 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger Rose Red said...

ahhh, bribery will get you everywhere!! where do you get the stat counter from? (not that I'm sure I want to know my blog stats!)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Hi Rose! I wasn't sure I wanted to know either, but you will be floored when you see how many hits your blog gets -- I know I was. I think when you join a blog ring people just file through. I'm imagining like at an exhibit or something. Here's the link to the stat counter: http://my.statcounter.com/register.php
You have to try it and then let's talk about it! Cheers

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to try the counter too - this should be interesting!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some of those potholders! Where do you buy the stuff to make them with????
Good luck with your blog! I hope I win!

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't send me a prize but I had to add my comment, after that plea.

Pot scrubbers are groovy.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, can I have my name put in for how many times I comment? Not like I need any more fiber for my stash. sheesh

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure which is more cute... a Star Trek Tribble or your pot scrubbers! I love the analogy!

Joanna

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger staycee419 said...

hey there. it is frustrating when you don't have many comments left on your posts. thank you for commenting on mine a few weeks ago. i will keep in mind that you must "give to get."

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I am putting my name in the hat, I am desperate for a cute potscrubber. If you can believe this is possible in the year 2007, I have no dishwasher! Told you I live in the country! Really just want to let you know that I am checking on you and think that your blog is fun, fun, fun to read. Your h.s. amigo - D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home