Saturday, December 09, 2006

I Am Not Worthy

This has got to be one of the most precious gifts I have ever received.
Tonight, my daughter, all secretive and hush-hush, is scurrying around, asking me which fabric I like best, disappearing for awhile, then reappearing with a needle and thread, asking for help threading and tying the knot. Awhile later she reappears and asks me if I can tie a knot without looking. Uh, no, not with a needle involved. So she reluctantly hands THIS over to me to tie off.

She made me a phone case for my phone! By herself! Look! A craftster in the making! I couldn't be prouder. Isn't it precious? I will cherish it forever.

Here she is posing with her handiwork. No, that is not a scullery maid. The apron she has on is actually what started the sewing bug. She went to a birthday party and they sewed their own appliques on their aprons. She loves it and added some of her own when she got home. She picked up a quasi-do rag thing at the 99 cent store yesterday and is wearing that to complete the look. It is actually very cute and innovative and I thought it could be a neat thing knit up. One half of it is a band of fabric about an inch and a half thick and the other half is a band of fabric about 8 or 9 inches thick. You can wear it to look like a bandanna, or you can bunch it up and it is a thick hairband. There's actually three or four "looks" you can achieve with it, but we only liked those two.

3 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift! :) It's heartwarming to see Emy take on crafting all by herself.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful! Cute too.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger g-girl said...

saw your link via k1b2..that was so sweet of your daughter to make you a phone cozy. that is awesome that she is so gung ho about sewing and all too! Wish I knew how!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home