Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Simple Pleasures Are The Best...

"...All the little things that make you smile and glow. All the things you know. Life's simple pleasures are the best, are the best, in all the world." Who remembers that commercial? What was it advertising? OK, that is sad and wrong. I can hear the schlocky commercial jingle so clearly in my head but can't remember the product it was advertising.

Anyway, I had a response all ready to post to my comments. This is what it said: Yay! Comments! You guys make my day! You're the money in the newspaper machine! You're the run of green lights when I am late for work! You are the clean flannel sheets on the bed after a hot bath! Simple pleasures rule!

What are your simple pleasures? How about money in the dryer? Or opening a fresh box of See's candy and getting to pick the first one? Here's another one: getting that popcorn husk out of the back of your teeth. Oooh, or what about casting on for a new project?

Let's hear 'em!

12 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger Rose Red said...

Simple pleasures - stopping to smell the roses - on the rosebush in my garden; using herbs I've grown myself; giving away handmade items to friends; getting comments on my blog!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Carol said...

The smell of a new book.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Loving those simple pleasures! Makes me all tingly just to hear what they are!

Here's a few more:
Finishing a sudoku puzzle
Finding a sandollar on the beach
When my daughter reaches up and finds my hand while we are walking.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glass of wine at the Music Center Plaza on a warm November night

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

candied popcorn in a cellophane bag.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boba

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boba

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, i put that twice!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hey Rosie!

Boba DESERVES to be put twice! Kai discovered a new delicious treat: Chocolate Snow Bubble Boba! Mmmm! It's like a slushy fudgesicle with boba!

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simple pleasures, the sound of the birds chatting in the morning waking me up and then going to feed them. Reading other knitters blogs.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Dawn-Gale said...

I remember that commercial was for
Van de Kamp's pork and beans.

It still makes me feel sentimental.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Dawn-Gale, wherever you are...THANK YOU for reminding me what that commercial was about! Yes, of course. Van de Camps beans, of course! Your reminding me what the commercial was a simple pleasure in itself! I tried to email you but could not get an addy. Thanks for reading after all these years. You reminded me why blogging is so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home