Sunday, December 03, 2006

Is It Just Me?

Am I the only one who gets all crazy excited about sometimes the smallest, most insignificant knitting projects? Take for example, the pears. CRAAAZZZY about the pears.

Now, its the lined potholders. I am all about the lined potholders. Here's my first one:



Per usual with the bad pic. But now I have about 50 million balls of Sugar 'N Cream. And a growing pile of those little quilter's triangles of fabric. And the thread colors are building up. Okay, I didn't buy it all today. But I didn't NEED to buy anymore colors of Sugar 'N Cream and I did anyway. I better get crackin'

This strangely satisfies my little secret sewing bug. I have never been a seamstress and I do not own a sewing machine. But I kind of like hand sewing. Not like I'd make a whole dress or anything. But I like making up little projects like this one. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. One time I made Kai a little satin/flannel comfort blanket by hand. And I often like lining my purses. I know, I'm weird that way. I fully admit it.

Here's a picture of Figgy posing with the potholder.


Well, I guess I better get started cranking out more potholders. I was thinking ... since they are lined, they don't really have to be out of cotton. You could do wool, or silk, any yarn you have around. The possibilities are endless! Yes, I like me some potholders!

You'll see, tomorrow it'll be something else. The trick is to make as many potholders as I can before I get sick of them. Does that make sense? Didn't think so.

3 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I baven't seen lined potholders for ages & how cute is that?? What a great simple machine knit idea!

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really cute potholders! They turned out well. My favorite color is blue. :)) I just kid with you. Glad you are doing all right!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! i just bought some of the same yarn to make some dish rags with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home