Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Anyone besides me LOVE the Holiday edition of Interweave Knits? Who knows, it could be the talk of the knitting blogworld or conversely, the bane of its existence. Perhaps even just a tiny speck of plankton in a sea of competing knitting books and magazines. I have no idea. My life is in the midst of a complete transformation. 6 months ago, I was Stay-at-Home-Mom-Lady with a part time job and time to knit and chat, tote the kids around, help with homework, avoid housework and stay busy, even get stressed out because I would take on too many commitments. Now I am Single-Mom-Lady with no time to spare, precious few hours to spend with the kids, make dinner, unwind and do a few chores before falling in to bed, exhausted. So I don't get to see what is happening much in the blog world these days.

In any case, I love this magazine. I am planning to make a gazillion little felted pears as Christmas gifts. And about the same number of little sachet hearts from my leftover sock yarn. There is not one single pattern in there that I hate. And that's saying a lot. Usually there is at least three or four stinkers. At least. In this issue, the worst I can find is an "eh." That is really saying a lot.

I suppose I should be shifting into full holiday knitting and shopping gear. It's going to be an interesting Christmas.

5 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Cristina said...

i agree! i love the issue. it's even worth the unGodly 7 or 8 bucks it was to buy it.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it yet, so you've peaked my interest! Must. Go. To. Borders! How come we don't get it with our subscription?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Leslie, the link on the word "Interweave Knits" on my post is supposed to take you to the web page that shows all the patterns. Let me know if it doesn't work :))

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pears are best - tiny mittens & socklets are cute too, did anyone come across a site called kokobino.com yet? seriously brilliant for the tiny ones & make great presents too

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Laura said...

OK, I've made three pears so far! SOOOOO simple! And fast! They will make such cute tree ornaments. I was thinking it would be cute to gift them in a little felted "fruit bowl." I'll try to post pics, but you guys already know -- bad, blurry camera plus inept photographer = lame pics. Be warned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home