Friday, December 01, 2006

I've Missed You

No. Really. I have.

There's been a lot of water under the bridge. Driving to SF. Thanksgiving. Lots 'n lots of food. Too much food. Some family bickering. Driving back to SB. Clothes got tighter. Stressed out about Christmas. Work is an escape. Never enough sleep. Constantly behind in housework, time with the kids, cooking, laundry and returning phone calls. Oh yea, and bills. That about sums it up in a nutshell.



So, as a kind of escape, I have been knitting. There are a few hats laying around the house. This is one I whipped out for Emi.

And there are actually three of these pears. One is hidden behind the others. They make up in no time and are very fun.




I got sick of looking at the wet wipes and kleenex box in my cubie and thought I'd cheer up the space by whipping a little something up. It's probably the most expensive kleenex and wet wipes cozy ever. They're made from Colinette Giotto and Douceur et Soie leftover from a scarf that I made. I really like the way they came out.



Here's a close-up.
Ahh, that's better.



And this is a baby blanket I have been working on. It is the greatest tv knitting ever. Straight garter stitch and two strands that you switch around every once in a while. Boring, but great tv knitting.





Knitting. What would I do without it?

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Quilty! I had immediately thought I'd like to make more using different color combos, etc, which was when I realized it might be rather spendy. If you're interested, I could try and write down the pattern. Super easy and very satisfying! L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home