Thursday, January 04, 2007

Anyone Remember Certs?

Well, do you? Those mints? You know, the ones with "Retsin"? It's TWO! (smack) TWO! (smack) Two mints in one! Well, that's what you're getting today. It's TWO! TWO! Two blog entries in one day! Whatever happened to Certs anyway?

Anyway, let's move on, shall we? Here we see the beautiful Carol Merrill, er, I mean, Figgy, posing with my latest completed scarf. (OK, and you get a high five next time I see you if you can remember where we know Carol Merrill from.) The yarn is Karabella and it's a very fine mohair. Because it is sans the silk in Kidsilk Haze and Douceur et Soie, it is not as soft nor is it as expensive. The pattern is from this book, and is a quick and simple knit. I added one or two repeats because it seemed too small and still did not use a whole ball.


And in a very un-Carol Merrill-like maneuver, The Figster became entranced with the swinging cord on the camera, made a play for it, then got her claws stuck on it and in my brand new sweater. Here she is just before she disentangled herself and scampered out of the room in fear and utter humiliation.

And here we have my UFOOTD* (pronounced YEW-fooht, in case you were wondering). It is the back and one arm of a cardigan that I started oooooh about a year and a half ago. The yarn is Encore worsted. The pattern is a really cool pattern that someone gave my sister from Classic Elite. It's Pattern #866 "Unlimited Possibilities in Four Gauges" It has all different weights of yarn and a lot of different ways of making it up (i.e., cardigan, v-neck, short sleeve, shell). It is printed up on this really garish early-90s magenta and yellow cardstock and the models of the sweaters match the era. You would never look at it twice. But when you take a closer look, not at the photos of the sweaters, but at the schematics, you can see that it is actually a very flattering sweater design. I wouldn't have believe it if I hadn't seen the one my sis made up. Of course, she is tiny and could put on a burlap sack and it would look cute on her. But hey, ya gotta be optimistic, right?

*Unfinished Object Of The Day

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blue sweater. Don't you love when you come across patterns that are so versatile? Love it!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hey Chauntel! What's shakin! Happy anniversary by the way, I saw the gorgeous ring you got for your hubby. Exquisite!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

That shawl is very pretty! Glad to have you back blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home