Thursday, January 04, 2007

I Promised I'd Be Back By Thursday, Didn't I?

OK, so here I am! It's Thursday Blogday and I'm raring and ready to go! I got some time today because I had to take my car in to the shop. Trying to be all "self-sufficient," I caught a bus to work. The mechanic called a couple hours later and said it would be done by the afternoon. So this afternoon, my co-worker said he was leaving early and would I like a ride downtown to pick up my car. I tried to call the shop but it was busy, busy, busy. So I just decided to cut out early since 1) it was starting to rain and 2) you gotta grab a ride when you can get one. So I get there and what do you know? My car is still sitting in the exact same place as where I left it at 8:00 this morning. Am I surprised? Are you? Why did I think mechanics were any different than moi? Of course, they WAIT UNTIL THE VERY LAST SECOND TO GET ANYTHING DONE!!! So I hopped on a bus home and here I am, waiting until my car is done.

But that gives me some time to blog. Yay! I had an idea while riding home on the very crowded bus. I was thinking about this "Knit from your stash 2007" thing. And I was over at Tracy's blog where she is inventorying all her UFOs. And I got my own little copy-cat idea: Every time I blog (on my promised Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and maybe some extra bonus days in between), for as long as I can keep batteries in my son's digital camera, I will take a picture of a UFO (unfinished object) from my stash and give as many stats as I can about it. My goal for the year will be to complete as many of these UFOs as I possibly can. I tell ya, I got a million of 'em. Here's the official button I chose to commemorate my bold and brave attempt.
Just try not to snore too loudly if you get bored by all my semi-finished objects. I really do finish some things. Some of them.

Well, the car guy just called. I'll be back later with some pics. I forgot I had made a scarf-y type thing from Weekend Knits and, of course, my UFO of the day. UFOOTD. Kinda got a ring to it.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started the Mason Dixon scarf like the one you knit up for Knit and Pearl. It's wonkier than I thought, but I'm getting the hang of the yarn. I just have to loosen my tension a bit is all. Hope your car is in fine shape.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hey Leslie! Yes, the car is fine. I think I may have plunked down $250 just to have my car sit in the shop all day. I swear, they just disconnected the engine light and took my money. Oooh and the scribble scarf! I love the scribble scarf! Easy! Quick! Pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home