Sunday, January 21, 2007

WINNAH! WINNAH! WINNAH!

Finally back on line again! It has been a nightmare, let me tell you. Enough to take the wind out of anyone's blogging New Year's Resolution. But I now plan to get back on track.

And I am pleased to announce the winners of the commenting potscrubber drawing:

May I have a drumroll please?




...and the winners are:

Carrie K.

and

Deliese
(my highschool bud!)

Now if you would please both email me your addresses (knitalife@yahoo.com), and tell me which potscrubber you want. I will get those to you in the mail posthaste.

Congratulations to our lovely winners. Carrie, you said you didn't want to be in the drawing, but how could I not enter your name? And I just think it must be fate that you won! So please, pick a potscrubber.

My apologies to the Jayster, who so wanted to win. You know, here at Chez Knitalife, we have to run things strictly by the rules. No playing favorites here. We run a tight ship. These names were carefully written down on scraps of paper by the lovely Emi, then placed in a hat (handknit, natch) and picked -- once again assisted by the stunning Emi, our very own Carol Merrill. By the way, doesn't ANYONE remember Carol Merrill? C'mon, where are all you fellow oldies who were raised in the 60's and 70's by a television set? Okay, while I'm at it, the first person who can tell me who Carol Merrill is gets a potscrubber. But you have to answer before I make a run to the post office.

In other news, my living room/dining room is now a lovely shade of butter-yellow. I just love it. It is all happy and cheerful and makes me feel all warm inside. We made a trek to Ikea yesterday and bought a bookcase. It's actually more like a unit of squares and you can fit these cube-shaped baskets in the holes. We put it together last night (Kai did a very nice job of putting it together). I also picked up some sheer curtains to soften up the look of the blinds on the windows and a few other knick knacks. I am still trying to hang the rest of the curtain rods. It is a pain, but to buy curtains for four windows, with the curtain rods and hardware for hanging them for something like $30 was such a deal and they are looking so cute!

Sorry for the lack of pics. You see, we cleared out so much stuff that the camera ended up in the garage. And I just have not gotten around to unpacking. But I must. Soon. Like tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger jay r. said...

I have to talk to stunning Emi, but I think it was rigged. Anyway, I'll just wait for the knitted slippers drawing next month:)
~jaysta

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol Merrill...I am old enough to remember that name but also old enough to forget why or from where. Bob Barker show? Match Game? Lets Make a Deal? Do tell....please.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! I won a contest I didn't enter and you won one that you did! But I feel so badly for jayster who so wanted to win.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Carrie, don't worry about the jayster -- seeing as how his other half is one of my dearest friends, he already knows their kitchen sink will be graced with the potscrubber of their choosing -- he just wanted to win!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home