Sunday, February 04, 2007

More Hats

I have been home all weekend with some sort of yucky virus. Aches, really sore throat and extremely tired. Didn't leave the house all weekend. Luckily, Kevin took the kids for the whole weekend and I just holed up and rested. And knit. And caught up on some Korean soaps. Korean soaps are perfect for that. You can turn them off, doze, watch a little more, knit, doze, etc. I really feel much better, even though my head is pounding.

I made someone another binary hat, which I gave away before I took a picture of it. It looks somewhat like Kai's, only it spells "Mike."


I made this hat for Kevin from stash scraps: It's Bernat Denimstyle, a cotton blend.



I took another crack at a visor hat. This is in some Cascade 220 I had lying around. I ran out of grey at the very end and used some orange at the top. I hope it doesn't look too tacky.


Here is a shot of my paparazzi-shy son who very reluctantly agreed to model the hat for me this morning. I have deleted the blurry, awful shot of me trying to model it and take a picture simultaneously. Multi-tasking is not one of my strong points.

I had forgotten how much I love knitting with Cascade 220. I love the stretchy feel of that yarn. Note to self: One of these days I am going to knit myself a Wonderful Wallaby out of Cascade 220.

I think I am finally coming to the end of my hat run. I have one or two left in me. But that will be it for awhile.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your hats!!!!!

Emiko

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger LauraEKnits said...

I love the visor hat and so would my son. Where might I find the pattern?

Thanks!

Laura
le.lawless@insightbb.com

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cascade 220 is always my "go to" yarn!

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That visor hat is so cute. And the model too, no matter how unwilling.

Cascade 220 makes pretty good socks too.

Oh! I got my scrubbie! Dang, I forgot to say thanks on my blog. Next post. Thank you! It's so cute. It caused quite a stir with the Guy Who Shares Office Space with us. He couldn't seem to wrap his brain that 1) people knit/crochet 2) they send them things in the mail.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the little bill on the orange and grey one! cute...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home