Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sea Sock Not Seasick

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Last week, while perusing my weekly edition of the Knitter's Review, I came across this article. Intrigued, I clicked on the article about the Sea Socks Cruise. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I tried to find someone to go with. No one could (or would). Kevin offered to watch the kids. My parents encouraged me to go. I prayed. And guess what? I'M GOING!!! I can hardly believe it!

I talked to the nicest lady, Patricia, who set this whole thing up. OK, I love her already. She is very funny and enthusiastic and she got me so worked up about this and now, here I am, going on a cruise to Vancouver with no one I know and I am so dang excited! There were two generous souls (much more accommodating than I'd ever be) who offered to let me bunk with them.

I am seeing myself laid out on a deck chair in the sun with a tall fruity cool drink, sunglasses, a straw hat and a sock on the needles. Sigh. What could be better?

I feel like I'm in a dream. If you know me, you know I am not a very adventurous sort. I am so thrilled at the idea of going on this adventure. And I feel so secure knowing that I will be with fellow knitters. I just know it is going to be a blast! I just can't even believe I am doing this. But I am!

So if that wasn't enough, I arrived home from work to find this on my porch swing. It's Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns. Somewhere I had heard this one was the best and I had this Amazon certificate that had been hanging around since Christmas. Wow.

In my little universe, it just doesn't get much better than that. I am ecstatic.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

So I've been lurking long enough. I have been reading your blog regularly though! I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and your cruise! You so deserve it and I want to hear all about it when you get back.

Love,
Kamila

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ach! Tracy & I debated & debated when it was only $100 to reserve spots. We unfortunately cannot but you can have enough fun for all of us! I expect pictures and lots of posting once you are back!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I am so glad you are able to go on this cruise!! And to top off a day like that with a Barbara Walker book? What a sweet day. :)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

No WAY! You're going on the Sea Socks cruise! I just ahswered your email a few minutes ago, then came over to ck out your blog. My Daughter and I are going on the cruise, so we WILL get to meet!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Knit and Pearl Boutique said...

Have a wonderfull time!!!

And just a heads up on the "Sun, deck chairs and fruit drinks" This time of year it'll be cold so bring a blanket and hot coco. Take lots pictures I want to hear all about it!!!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Becka said...

A very good friend of mine gave me the very same book for my bday and I LOVE it!
WOW, have fun on the sock cruise, that just sounds dreamy, cruising and socknitting!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger The Queen said...

Um, yes, Laura, I kinda love you too already. I love all my girls who are joining us -- but you, my dear, I can't wait to give you a big old hug when we get to meet.

And I see from the comments you WILL know someone there -- another one I want to give a big old hug too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home