Sunday, March 04, 2007

Hedgehog: Before and After


Here's a shot of the hedgehog before felting. Are those hedgehog hooters?

Whatever they were, thank God they felted out. Here is the little fella after felting, pre-stuffing. Gotta go dig around for some polyfill.

A quick, fun knit. Man, but there are A LOT of short rows in that thing. Too many, in my opinion. If I was smarter I'd make another one without such a "full" back. It may be too big for Kai's invention, the "hedgehog hurler." We may just have to go with the "llama launcher" after all. At least now he has options. Options are usually good.

4 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that has to be one of the best, most entertaining felted animals I have seen in a long time! He's hilarious! Good job, he really turned out like a true hedgehog.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I love the Hedgehog!!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is great! A definite success and it's not a hat! ;-)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Pixiepurls said...

Oh I love the before and after pics, I am knitting this now and its so weird!! I'm about to do the paws and I looked at your pics to see which part to pick up at (which side).

Your un-felted hedgehog has boobs like mine does LOL!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home