Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Things I Would Have Blogged About

Well let's see. I finished a long-languishing UFO, a sweater. (Came out too big, in case you were wondering.) Refrained from buying yarn, although I did purchase a pattern for a sweater (Oat Couture Bistro shirt) and finally broke down and bought the Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl pattern. Saw my first Dodger game. Nursed my daughter back to health (she had a bout with strep). Saw my BFF's daughter get married at the beach. Celebrated my niece's Sweet 16. Got to see the Ballet with her and my kids. (Othello, if you must know. My daughter leaned in to me halfway into the first act as the lead did his first solo and whispered loudly, in all seriousness and with a very concerned tone, "Mommy -- I think that man forgot to wear his underpants!") Fried my shoulders at the beach. Moved my office down the hall. Watered the garden. Harvested a few more green beans. Washed never-ending piles of laundry, especially sandy beach towels. And how could I forget: I helped to start and have been attending a new knit group! We meet on-campus on Thursdays at lunchtime. There is this great room with couches and lots of chairs. I'm meeting a whole new knitting community out at the university! Knitters are always so much fun!
J called me yesterday to let me know the computer is fixed. I should be up and running by tomorrow (we couldn't connect today). See you then, hopefully I'll post a few pics.

2 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing Oat Couture's Bistro pattern for ages. Can't wait to see you knit it up.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger ~just me~ said...

:) sounds like you've had a nice busy summer. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home