Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday Fun

I think getting packages in the mail is a lot like getting comments on your blog. Only better. Today was a good day. Emi agreed to be my Vanna.
We got home this evening and found a package. From Australia, Mate! We oohed and ahhed at the cool stamps from Down Under. I had recently received a happy email from Rose Red informing me that I had won her drawing! Yahoo!



Check out the cool card she made with her blog picture on it. So. Cute!


We found these inside. We could hardly stand the suspense! One of the packages looked suspiciously like chocolate! In case you didn't know, I adore chocolate. Luckily, my kids prefer weird candy like gummies and suckers. More for me.
Let me tell you, you can get some goooooooood chocolate in Australia! Creamy and rich

And now take a look at this: A simply gorgeous ball of handpainted Merino Cashmere Sock yarn from The Knittery (that's in Australia!) in Dark Reds. I'm smitten. And speechless. And soooo excited! Thank you Jane! You totally Rock!

Now you need to go check out her blog. She has a great post on her 7 favorite items of clothing. I'd join her and post my own 7 favorite pieces, but it'd be a snorefest. Baggy tee shirts, khaki pants, and flip flops for me. And these camisoles I found at Costco that I love. They have a little bra-thingy, well, actually a strip of fabric with elastic built-in and if you are, well, flat-chested like me, you can wear them all summer in comfort. And they come in a gazillion colors.

Time to go hover over some sock books for merino cashmere sock ideas. And to go stroke my pet ball of yarn, yes we will, my pretties. We love our pretty sock yarn, yes we do!

Updated to add: I had a fun idea. I would like to challenge Chauntel, Tracy, Rose and Ana to post their 7 favorite things to wear! As I said, my personal participation in this would be a big yawn, but I happen to think these ladies would have some fun things to share! And ladies, why don't you tag at least 3 or 4 more just for kicks? Anyone else care to share? Jump in!

3 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Rose Red said...

So glad it arrived safely - Emi looks so cute as the model!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

oooo Nice package. That yarn looks absolutely scrumptous! I too love getting packages in the mail. I love it when I hear the mail man come and run to the door to see if he's brought my lastest purchase hehe. My favorite clothes are baggie t shirts and yoga pants lol. Of course I don't go outside the house in those but that's my fav outfit! Love them yoga pants.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger ~just me~ said...

how fun! there *is* nothing better than getting a package in the mail. :) --expecially one that's filled with fun things like yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home