Friday, May 25, 2007

Boo Hoo!

Royal Caribbean called me yesterday to inform me that my travel knitting bag never turned up. I am so sad. I guess I was expecting it to turn up. I went over to Kathy's blog and saw that her Koigu jacket was never turned in either. Now THAT is something to be heartbroken over! I guess I just have to move on. Not like there isn't plenty of yarn around here to be knit. I am particularly heartbroken over the loss of a skein of sock yarn called Driftwood by Mama-E that I bought at Marin Fiber Arts. Gorgeous colors. I also had 3/4 of a bucket hat knit up out of this really cool raffia. Best just to move on and not dwell...

Emi's big party is tomorrow. I will take pictures.

7 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Oh bummer!

I saw your really cool raffia and it was "Really Cool"

I hate losing stuff but Oh Well....

It was so nice to meet you and spending a few days knitting with "My People".

Happy Knitting,

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that so sucks! I am so sorry!

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boo! that sucks. i am so sorry laura. i had been holding out hope.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Awww that is stinky... I would hate it if I lost something. Cheer yourself up by buying more!!! ;)

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I know how you feel. They told me if items look like clothing they give them away.

Losing stuff stinks. I'm blaming it on being seasick.

I'm casting on a pair of socks in your honor.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Laura said...

You guys are great. Nothing like true sympathy for lost yarn. I know you guys feel my pain. At work, they all just kind of give me a funny look and then change the subject...

Kathy, maybe you could also pour yourself a tall frosty one in my honor as well. Isn't Colorado a good place for beer? I haven't had a drink for 20 years this June, but a good yarn loss makes it very tempting!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I saw your bag of goodies that day from Marin Fibers and that was some pretty stuff. Treat yourself to a little yarn indulgence and you'll be feeling right in no time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home