Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ah! The Jacarandas Are In Bloom Agayne!

A little while ago I posted about the jacarandas coming into bloom every time this year. I'll take another picture in a week or so -- there is this one street near my house that is lined with these trees and when they simultaneously bloom it is really a sight to see. Here is a shot of a tree coming in to full bloom. Soon, the blossoms will float like little feathers to the ground and leave a beautiful periwinkle snowfall.




Here's a half of an FO: One seaweed sock -- finito! One to go!
I'm glad to say that I have cast on for the mate. These socks are fun. The 14 row repeat made the sock go faster. Here is a picture of the sock on my foot. You can click for big, but be warned -- you might want to wear your shades. The glare from my white legs is pretty blinding, especially up close.



In this photo you can kind of see the clog heel in action. I recruited Emi to be my photographer, who, after seeing this photo exclaimed, "Mom, we've GOT to crop your face out of this somehow! Um, thanks, thanks a lot. Now run along.

7 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice-looking sock there. I love Jacarandas, too. Down on East Carrillo Street, there's a ton of them. I used to work down there and when the petals fall, so falls the sap. Pretty, anyway.

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kids - gotta love 'em. The sock is great, though.

The Jacarandas are blooming all around us, too. One of my favoite times of year :o)

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm gonna get a picture of the Jacarandas on W. Mission as soon as they are in full bloom. I have noticed they are a little earlier on Carrillo -- interesting what a difference one mile makes!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Oh I have seen those types of trees down in AL. I never knew what they were. I always thought they were wisteria gone wild or something. hehe Those socks are very nice I will have to try that pattern out and don't kids say the cutest things??? lol

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Your socks look great Laura and so does the CA foilage!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome socks! Kids say the darndest things don't they??!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

The clog heel and sock look great! and your face. Emi, Emi, Emi. Gotta love 'em.

Pretty jacarandas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home