Thursday, July 26, 2007

False Idol Exposed

Another Post from the Work Front, Day 30:
I think it was about 4 or 5 days ago. Withdrawal set in. A deep longing down in the pit of my being. A sadness, a melancholy that came from...out of nowhere. There I was, at home, working on a long-neglected cardigan. Suddenly I was deeply, inexplicably lonely. From the depths of my being, a sob wrenched through me as I hoarsely whispered out loud, "I miss my computerrrrrr!"

The next day I picked up the phone and called J, my friend, co-worker and resident computer expert, aka, the man who is holding my computer hostage. He didn't answer. I am sure he must think I am insane because the message I left him sounded like a desperate crack addict: "Hey J, it's me. Um, yeah, so, like it's been a few weeks and I was wondering, like, when you were going to, uh, look at my computer? Yea, umm, so like if it's too much for you? If you don't have enough, like, time? Umm, yea, can you just GIVE IT BACK, I mean, get back to me? Uhh, yea..."

I have yet to hear back from him. My mind is racing. How dare he? How would HE like to go without a computer for a WHOLE MONTH! HE wouldn't like it very much, WOULD HE?! NO HE WOULD NOT!

Does anyone know about recovery programs for computer addicts? Mark my words, if they are not in existence, they soon will be.

My Bible reading these days in Isaiah is all about getting rid of false idols. Hmm, what could it possibly all mean?

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait till you hit Ravelry, you better be reading more of Isaiah! Anyway, get that darn computer back, stat!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Beatriz said...

Computers, iPods, TV, radio, cars, cool kitchen gadgets, yarn, cool knitting gadgets, clothes, shoes, yummy food that I don't need...they're all false gods if we worship them too much.
Still, I hope you get your computer back soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home