Friday, June 15, 2007

There's A New Sheriff In Town

Okay. So. Tomorrow? If you happen to be at UCSB? And you see a lady who looks like this
who is directing traffic? --DO NOT-- I repeat -- DO NOT -- run her over! Yes, that would be me in my neon vest attempting to keep the peace out there. From what I understand, I have been relegated one of the "cushier" outposts at the bus loop. Not a whole lot going on there. Hey, it's fine with me. I have my lawn chair and knitting packed. They will serve food and I will do my best to remain polite and cheerful FOR TWELVE HOURS STRAIGHT!!! Don't even go there, it's "mandatory." Yup. Then I have to do it all over again on Sunday. By then, my hair will probably be all wild and my vest will be all dirty and there will be a crazed look on my face. Just bring yarn and I'll be nice. Promise.

So if you pray, I ask that you would remember me. I just hope I make it. I took Monday off because I figured two 12 hour days in a row after a 40 hour week, I might just keel over. I'll let you know how it goes.

6 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I won't be out at UCSB I will be praying for your safety this weekend. Those crazy kid drivers & parents visiting can really be clueless on the roads around here!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Knit and Pearl Boutique said...

A lounge chair and your knitting, it sounds like two 12 hour days of WWKIP :-)) (expect your gettting paid)

Be safe, wear sunscreen and a hat.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger ~just me~ said...

sheesh! those are long days! what's that for? graduation?

BTW, that green is *so* your color. ;~)

~Karina

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Wow Laura that looks official! Will keep you in my thoughts. I need an update on the Sea Silk Shawl, might that be what you'll be knitting on?

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Beatriz said...

I will be looking for you in August...that's when I go to UCSB for a week. Business Institute classes.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So, did you survive?? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home