Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Surreptitious Blogger

Psssst! Hey! Over here! It's me! I'm sneaking in a quick blog post from work. It is my only computer connection as of late. Can I just say, I think I was in need of a little vacation from my computer? I have been enjoying the weather, the kids, the beach, and summer in general. Strange to think that the little box sucks up so much of my time. Yes, folks, it's the addict in me. It has to be torn away from me in order for me to stop and smell the roses.

We "harvested" a few green beans from the garden. I bought a cute book on making sock animals and mitten animals. Emi and I are trying our hand at mitten dogs. We had a blast at a 4th of July church picnic with the "world's largest slip 'n slide," lots of food, watermelon, cotton candy and sno-cones. I have almost finished a sock from the Favorite Socks book (Undulating Rib)out of Trekking XXL (shade 107). Oooh, and I have lost 5 lbs. So far. This Friday a wedding. On Saturday it's down to my niece Rosie's for her sweet 16.

But the house remains a mess.

I'm not rushing on that computer. But I'll touch in again soon.

4 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your time away from the time suck of the computer. It is a shock how much time we do waste on this thing but hey, it'll be fun once you are back to your web addiction!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Knitnik said...

Good to know you are okay! Sometimes I dream of the day the power (or at least the cable and internet) goes out for 3 days solid - nothing but knitting and reading time!

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harvesting is good. So is taking a break from computers and enjoying the Old Fashioned world. ;)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear how you are doing! And I won't tell anyone you were blogging at work . . . ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home